NDT Personnel are excited to be recruiting for a specialist role on behalf of an established Aerospace engineering business, specialising within both commercial and military aircraft applications. Our client requires an experienced Senior Materials Engineer, with specific expertise in Heat Treatment and Special Processing, to lead a close-knit team at their site located in the West Midlands.
To provide Special Processing leadership incorporating NDT and Heat Treatment, supporting the business with processing components in line with the requirements of NADCAP and aerospace primes. You’ll act as a consultant on questions relating to mechanical and physical properties of materials, specifically Titanium, Aluminium and Steel, and will review and approve materials and process specifications on engineering drawings.
As Senior Materials Engineer, you’ll ensure compliance to internal quality procedures and outside requirements directed by the primes, you will provide technical expertise relating to the equipment and procedures used in the heat treatment and processing area to lead NADCAP and other 3rd party audit preparations. Additionally, you’ll work across wider areas of the business to advice and assist in standardising the company’s approach to processing.
- Experience of a range of exotic metals (titanium, aluminium and steel)
- Technical specialist and experience in a heat treatment and special processing environment
- Experience of chemical processing and metallurgy within the Aerospace industry
- Heat treatment operational experience is essential
- NDT process knowledge, specifically magnetic particle and dye penetrant
- Chemical processing experience in Copper, Bronze, Phosphate and Nital Etch
- Experience of NADCAP procedures is critical to the position
- Key knowledge of AMS2750 Rev ‘E’
- Key knowledge of Boeing ‘BAC’ and all other customer specification requirements
- Degree level or equivalent would be advantageous
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and customers (internal / external)
- Confident manner to executing and managing projects effectively
- Focused and methodical
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and experienced individual with specialist skills who is looking for a challenging career move. The role attracts a competitive salary of c£40k-£45k with other benefits associated with working for such an exemplary business.
If you’re interested in working for a leading business in its field and possess the technical abilities required, please send your CV to Leanne Evans, NDT Recruitment Manager on:
Leanne Evans, NDT Recruitment Manager on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Jobs (8)
Quality Engineer (Special Processes) – £35k – Surrey on 1st May 2019 Full Time
On-Wing Aerospace Technician – £excellent package – Bedfordshire on 10th June 2019 Full Time